Cobra Update

earlsflyincobra

Cobra Update

Post by earlsflyincobra »

Well, I chose the Ford Redfire Metallic for the main color and the stripes will be SmokeChrome color.........I drove it around the neighborhood tonight for the first time and it was really SQUIRREL Y on the doughnut spare tires so I may have to rethink driving it to get tires and to the paint shop on the doughnuts.......it left marks all the way around the block like I was doing a burnout.......LOL!! ..] ..] ..]

Cruise on loaned tires. Tires are 285/40ZR18 and are a little too big, have to be careful or they rub, can't turn stop to stop, so hopefully my 17" tires and wheels won't have that problem. Can't get video to load, will retry later.
earlsflyincobra

Re: Cobra Update

I am sooooooooooooooo frustrated, I think the Cobra is trying to DRIVE me CRAZY, the other day while fueling the Cobra the clear plastic hose from the gas can slipped off and fell into the tank......well I tried for an hour to fish it out and had no luck, so, since the fuel gauge wasn't working I pulled the sender out to see if I could fish it out that way....NOPE.....then I pulled the fuel pump out and then spotted the hose, on the far opposite side from where it dropped in, and I had to contort my arm and reach in and finally retrieve the hose.....then I put everything back to gather and now the gauge works but the car won't start.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....I can hear the pump running but no START O] O]

And, to top it off, the guy working on my hood was supposed to have it ready for me tomorrow and now he tells me it won't be ready and tomorrow is his last day of work for 3 or 4 weeks, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (/) (/) (/) :GR> :GR> :GR> :GR>
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Hi Earl,
I can understand your frustration. Things like that happen to me all the time. Try retracing your disassembly process . Maybe you skipped a step in the assembly or dislodged a crucial component ,wire etc. This usually works for me, most of the time it comes down to " operator error ". I hope by now you have already found the problem. My guess is the fuel pump may have lost it's prime. Ask yourself, how much fuel is in the tank? As I recall you have fuel injection. Maybe there is an air lock in the line somewhere. I don't know if that would make a difference. Try cracking the fuel line at the front of the car ( motor end ) with the pump running to see if the fuel is getting to the motor. My dad ( former auto mechanic ) used to say if a motor has proper fuel and spark it has to run even if it runs lousy. Hope this helps if only just morally.

Carl
earlsflyincobra

Well,I found the problem, I have a friend, Tom Wells that started the First Coast Cobra Club e who is always having problems with Gremlins and occasionally one of his Gremlins has visited me and sure enough it seems one of them came to visit. I checked everything over and it all looked good and of course when I tried to start it it fired right up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtrrrrrr.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Hey! I resemble that remark!
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

So glad you got it to run. The feeling when it does finally start is "almost" worth the aggravation that it caused.
Ken
Redsnake

Post by Redsnake »

Tom is a great source for solutions to cars problems. You might think he has had every possible problem with a car that a person could have, and has solved every one of them. However every so often he finds a new, and often original, and certainly obscure, problem and he solves them all. So stay tuned to this site and send your problems to Tom for a solution. He will answer promptly unless he is chasing some tropical sea creature in the depths of the oaean somewhere.

Red
earlsflyincobra

Good one Red.........LMAO. ..]
earlsflyincobra

(v) (v) (v) (v)Here it is at Firestone getting new shoes............. ..] ..] ..] ..]
Attachments
new tires and wheels.jpg
new tires and wheels.jpg (77.28 KiB) Viewed 7010 times