Howdy.

PikeStaff

Howdy.

Post by PikeStaff »

An introduction. I'm Roger Payne; wife is Lynn - we have been on the planet a while, Cobra owners since 2001. Have spent most of our time as Yankees, running with the Capital Area Cobra Club since they're as looney as one could hope for. We are slowly becoming St. Aug residents, aided in that delay by Hurricane Matthew. All is good, tho, and our car is finally here with us. Hope to catch up with some of the crew here in time; know that Tom Wells is acquainted with some of the Capital folk.

Anyway, always happy to meet other gearheads here in Paradise :D .
Tom Wells

Re: Howdy.

Post by Tom Wells »

Roger,

Welcome!

Looking forward to meeting you-all. Let us know when you're actually here and we can set something up.

Reading between the lines seems to indicate your house suffered Matthew damage; I hope it isn't extensive.

We're in Saint Augustine Beach too.

Tom (and Kay)
PikeStaff

Post by PikeStaff »

Hi, Tom -

Thanks for the welcome - this is a great place to be. We got back on 7 January; needed to be here to help keep rebuild on track. We got flooded, best I can tell less than a foot inside but that was enough. Very happy the house is still standing. Oughta be done by early March, I think. We redid the kitchen and floors last year.....get to do it again! Whoopee.

All is good. Being retired, time is ours. Any runs in the future should make for good connects. Thanks again for your shout.

Best from here, and looking forward to meeting up soon.

Roger
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

Hi Roger,

I am in Jax Beach. Just about 45 minutes, nice drive, north. We have a few of us up this way. We get together with Tom now and then for a cruise. We are a bit overdue. I am dealing with hurricane damage myself.

Let me know if you coming up this way.

We have a couple of us that are autocrossers. Let me know if you are interested in that.
PikeStaff

Post by PikeStaff »

Good to know there are many! Thank you, Avalanche, a run up your way is a definite need. Always looking forward to a scoot into new territory and new folks.

I have auto-x'ed in the past and really do enjoy it.....but hate getting beat up by Miatas on slicks. I think I need to spring for some better rubber soon anyway, so maybe renewed attempts could be more productive.

The car is loving the pothole-free pavements of Florida - so is the owner. Once we get past the 45* stuff, some longer rides are really gonna be welcome.

Thanks to all. Looking forward to catching up with you in the near future.

Roger
earlsflyincobra

Post by earlsflyincobra »

If you get down near Daytona Beach be sure and give me a shout. ..] ..] ..] ..]
PikeStaff

Post by PikeStaff »

I will do that O>> A toot up and down Rt 1 calls to me.....and there's a great hot dog place in Bunnell. Lots of good reasons to go for a ride! :D
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Mike & I met Roger & Lynne last night. Here's their Unique:
RogerCobra2-17.jpg
RogerCobra2-17.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 3830 times
Great meeting both of you and I hope your post-diluvian reconstruction goes well and quickly (no thanks, Matthew!). We will be sure to let you know whenever any cruise opportunities arise.

Tom & Kay
PikeStaff

Wow!

Post by PikeStaff »

Boy, she is a REAL photographer! That's the best pic ever taken of the car - no more cell phone pics for me ..]

It is a pleasure to meet Kay, Mike, and you, Tom - thank you much for all. We very much enjoyed the night - and gave us another excuse to give the car a workout. We look forward to more time spent in your company - and I have a good feeling that will require frequent applications of my right foot ~~(::

Thanks again - and will see you all soon.