Randy's Spring Cruise 4/27-4/30, 2017

Tom Wells

Randy's Spring Cruise 4/27-4/30, 2017

Post by Tom Wells »

All,

Just got this from Ricky Harper:
Hey y’all!

Planning is underway for this year’s tour. Based near Mobile, Alabama, we will be cruising in and around Pensacola and Mobile. Trip dates are April 27 through 30.

Featuring antebellum homes to battleships; snow white sand dunes to aviation’s finest; Beautiful Gulf views to charming L.A. (Lower Alabama); we will enjoy great drives, awesome eateries, and some wonderfully unusual sights and sounds. This trip will be as diverse and interesting as ever. I am making a trip to the area tomorrow to pull together some highlights, dining locations, and points of interest.

But! What I need from each of you is a reply to this email letting me know if you think you will join us.

Not looking for a commitment, just a ‘show of hands’ from those of you that think you might attend.

I need a general idea for hotel plans. So, please, give me a response and I hope you will join us for yet another great trip!

Ricky Harper

Harper.Ricky@gmail.com

850 510 5771

Tallahassee Florida
If you think you'd like to attend, please e-mail Ricky at his address above.

All of these I've been on were really good times!

Tom
Tom Wells

Re: Randy's Spring Cruise 4/27-4/30, 2017

Post by Tom Wells »

It's official. Here's a link to the post on ClubCobra: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/deep-so ... 017-a.html

Pensacola is about 6-1/2 hours from Saint Augustine. Longer if we do the non-interstate route. Not too terrible...

Let Ricky know if you are planning to go!
Blue Cobra

Post by Blue Cobra »

Thanks Tom, a little clarification…

It seems my note saying we would “drive no more than 100 miles between fill up points” has stirred a few questions about the length of each day’s cruise…

The point I was trying to make is that we will never go more than 100 miles between planned fuel stops. That does not mean we will be driving multiple 100 mile stints. In fact, I usually plan leisurely stops about every hour or so but most of them are not fuel stops. I learned a long time ago that frequent breaks to stretch the legs makes a trip a lot more enjoyable, therefore each day’s cruise will feature 4 to 5 stops over 200 or so miles TOTAL. This is not an ‘iron butt’ trip.

Another thing I strive for is to have everyone back at the hotel early enough to get refreshed before the evenings plans. That is not always possible, as the timing of each cruise is dictated by the distance to and time spent at the places we visit. But it is always the goal, and we usually achieve it. This year’s routes are still being planned, but it looks like we will arrive back at the hotel each day between 5 and 6.

I think that is it, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by either replying to this email or calling/texting me at 850.510.5771.

Also, I am going to try to plan a lunch in Tallahassee on Thursday, perhaps a bunch of us could hook up here and caravan to Pensacola.
FFR with IRS, 427w, and 6 speed.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

UPDATE from Randy:
Actually, this is a little clarification…

It seems my note saying we would “drive no more than 100 miles between fill up points” has stirred a few questions about the length of each day’s cruise…

The point I was trying to make is that we will never go more than 100 miles between planned fuel stops. That does not mean we will be driving multiple 100 mile stints. In fact, I usually plan leisurely stops about every hour or so but most of them are not fuel stops. I learned a long time ago that frequent breaks to stretch the legs makes a trip a lot more enjoyable, therefore each day’s cruise will feature 4 to 5 stops over 200 or so miles TOTAL. This is not an ‘iron butt’ trip.

Another thing I strive for is to have everyone back at the hotel early enough to get refreshed before the evenings plans. That is not always possible, as the timing of each cruise is dictated by the distance to and time spent at the places we visit. But it is always the goal, and we usually achieve it. This year’s routes are still being planned, but it looks like we will arrive back at the hotel each day between 5 and 6.

I think that is it, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by either replying to this email or calling/texting me at 850.510.5771.

Ricky Harper
850 510 5771
Tallahassee Florida