Anyone going? We have two Cobras from Jax Beach going.
Here is the info:
30 Cobras planning to attend the 2017 Randy's Spring Tour De La Cobra!
Tentative itinerary, (times subject to change):
Thursday, April 27: Meet and greet in the hotel lobby from 4-7pm. We will have reservations at a local eatery at 7:30.
Friday, April 28: Tour of Pensacola and surrounding area, departing hotel parking lot at 9am.
Saturday, April 29: Tour of Mobile and surrounding area, departing hotel parking lot at 9am. There will be a celebratory "cruise banquet" Saturday evening.
Sunday, April 30: Departure breakfast at local eatery, and then say goodbye!
We are staying at the Springhill Suites, Pensacola. 487 Creighton Rd; we have a block of rooms with a guaranteed rate, each attendee needs to click on the link below and register on-line. Click on the dates to input your check in and out, and then click 'Check Availability'. (I just did mine, it was easy and fast) The link is embedded with our guaranteed rate of $125 a night and is good from the 26th through the 30th, so if you want to get in town a day early you can enjoy the same rate. Please book or confirm your room no later than April 5th.
The hotel has a large field next to it to accommodate trailers, and they are going to set up a 'Cobra only' parking area for us.
Group Corporate Travel Booking Page
A few notes:
1. We will do a tour on Friday and Saturday. Both days will require some walking, so wear comfortable shoes, and you might want to carry some water with you.
2. Bring a clipboard for your route notes, and note taking. A rubber band will keep the pages from flopping in the breeze.
3. I plan the routes so there is no more than 100 miles between fill up and bathroom stops, so you should be able to keep the car full and your bladder empty.
4. Unless the weather is really bad, the trip is on. Don't let forecasts for 'some rain' bother you. That is the standard forecast for the gulf coast almost every day.
5. Hopefully late April will not be hot, regardless, a small umbrella in the cockpit is a God-send if we get stuck in traffic. Can be handy at other times toohttp://www.ffcars.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
6. With 30 cars, we will get separated. The trip instructions will have all the information you need to catch or even shortcut the group and join it at the next stop.
7. DSCC asks that everyone on the trip be members, it is only $25 to join the club, and they do not load your inbox with lots of junk.
8. We welcome people to join the group that are not driving a Cobra, and only ask that they 'take up the rear' so as not to break up the parade.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest