Reptile Roundup Oct 15-18, 2015 Lakeland

Tom Wells

Reptile Roundup Oct 15-18, 2015 Lakeland

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's the tentative setup for the Reptile Roundup October 15-18, 2015 in Lakeland:
2015 RR Schedule for BOD.docx
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
I'll put up more details as they come to me.

I'm planning to be there...
Tom Wells

Re: Reptile Roundup Oct 15-18, 2015 Lakeland

Post by Tom Wells »

Well, that was quick! Here's some more specifics from ClubCobra's web site:

Reptile Roundup will be held in conjunction with the annual Lake Mirror Classic car show. Registration is open, go to: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 20-%20Home for Saturday’s registration. The Show fee is listed as $75, but will be discounted at check-out to $55.00 until September 1st. The fee includes lunch for two and a professional display sign for your Cobra. Before registration give some thought as to what you want printed on your sign, it’s yours to keep and can be used to display at future car shows.

Hear is a rough guide to the Roundup more to follow:

2015 REPTILE ROUNDUP
LAKELAND, FLORIDA
October 15 thru 18, 2015
This year’s event will be held around the Lake Mirror Classic Auto Festival. “One of the MUST ATTEND car shows in the South-eastern United States”.

PLANNED EVENTS

Thursday, 10/15/2015: Arrival at host hotel (Airport Hilton) in the afternoon.
Hilton Garden Inn 3839 Don Emerson Dr. at Lakeland Airport. Phone: 863-647-0066. Room rate $102.00/per night. Code: Deep South Cobra Club. Blocked 25 rooms good til Sept sometime. For those who will be trailering their cobra there is plenty of trailer parking at the Hilton Gardens. Check in on Thursday is 3.00pm and check out is 12.00pm.
Evening gathering at Lakeland’s Brew Hub for Thursday’s arrivals.

Friday, 10/16/2015: Group cruise on fun country roads with a stop for lunch.
Evening Meet & Greet with pizza and drinks at Backdraft’s Trailer
in Downtown Lakeland.
Followed by the Budweiser Rendezvous (cars and entertainment around the Promenade of Lake Mirror).

Saturday, 10/17/2015: Lake Mirror Classic Auto Festival (Registration is now open -must preregister separately). This year we will have an expanded area dedicated to our Cobras.
A separate cruise with a stop at the Auto Festival and on to Bok Tower for lunch for those not showing at the show on Saturday.
Evening dinner and Annual Meeting at the Club at Eaglebrooke.

Sunday, 10/18/2015: A short breakfast cruise and departure.

But wait, there's more! Here's a followup message:
HEAD COUNT
We are going to need a head count on a few things and will need you to send an email to Mike Cheek: mcheek1050@gmail.com

Thursday October 15 at the Brew Hub:

Friday October 16 Pizza at the Meet & Greet BDR trailer:

Saturday October 17 Eaglebrooke dinner & annual club meeting:
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Just seeing if I can post. Had problems earlier.
Carl
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Nancy & I will be going to Lake Mirror Classic, but not entering the show. I prefer to go on the cruises with my fellow snake charmers. We will be attending all of the greet & meets along with the dinners lunches etc. Looking forward to the Bok Tower cruise. Will be trailering the Cobra behind our recently purchased motorhome, and staying at a local RV park for the 15th 16th & 17th,

Who else is planning on going?

Carl
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Carl,

Looks like you figured it out!

All,

Just got this from Mike Cheek:
Tom,

Thanks for posting on First Coast website. Dan jumped the gun a little bit with his newsletter stating that attendees should contact me. This is not correct.

Three things attendees must do...

1. Register directly with hotel (group name...Deep South Cobra Club)

2. Register car directly with Lake Mirror Classic (lakemirrorclassic.com )

3. Register for all other RR Events on Deep South Cobra Club website (dscc.us)
membership fee will apply if not a current member.

Please post to First Coast and any other sites that you want.

Mike
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

After much procrastination I got registered for the Reptile Roundup next week. Should be more than 30 cars!
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's the "final" word on signing up for the RR:
Reptile Roundup Registration will close tomorrow October 9 at noon. As of today we have forty-three members registered for RR.

This may be a bad time to mention the weather, but I checked the weekend weather for Lakeland and it shows clear sunny skies with no chance of snow. So, clean up your Cobra and sign up for the Oct 15-18 RR. See last months Newsletter for details. If you have any problems signing up tonight or in the morning, give me a call at 239-898-8377.

For those 43 that have signed up, you will be sent the final email schedule of events on Saturday. For those registered for the Lake Mirror Classic car show, you should have received your packet in the mail today.

Larry
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Carl,

What timing do you plan for going to Lakeland Thursday? Maybe we could convoy?

Tom
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Photos! Put up by Dan Wulff. Enjoy.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/deep-so ... tures.html

It was mostly warm after a brief morning chill. No rain. A few breakdowns but nothing major. Lots of cars; somewhere between 35 and 40 I think. Great people and good times. My Cobra clocked well over 600 miles for the weekend. No regrets...