FIRM

mooreken

FIRM

Post by mooreken »

The FIRM had an open house last Saturday, first 75 people in were free...(I was about #10 by being there at 5:20).
This was my second trip to that track. It is a good track smooth and challenging. It is more technical than Gainesville. Also somewhat faster. They have two layouts for the track. The first time I was there it used the long straight heading to the pits. You can get quite fast on that one. This time they had the "shoe box" in place. This added a "bus stop" in the long straight and kept speeds down quite a bit.

There is one spot in the middle that has a banked turn with a wall on the outside. However with a little common sense it is no trouble to make it thru. The straight leading up to that turn was the fastest that I got up to, right at 90mph. The rest of the track has good run off with not much to hit.

Tom, I noticed that they do have several instructors available. Do to it being "Open House" they had 2 of the 3 skill level driver groups make a few laps with the instructor before cutting them loose. I think there were 6 instructors there that day. So if DSCC is interested I'm sure arrangements could made to have instructors if any members felt they would need a ride along.
Ken
mooreken

Re: FIRM

Post by mooreken »

On a side note there was a Ferrari and a Lamborghini running also. I was the only Cobra, the Cobra got lots more attention than the "Super Cars".
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Forgive the poor video quality. It is my first test with the App and my $20 bkt I think is not quite up to the needs. Also I think the windshield might be vibrating also.
The data in the lower left is really cool.

Remember to click on the settings in the lower right to pick HD.

https://youtu.be/5NPGy9Qt2yU
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Ken, is that the track over near Starke? Your motor sounded strong, no hiccups... what tires were you running?

That app looks similar to what Tom was using at Daytona, nice data-logger.
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Yes it is almost half way between Keystone and Starke on 100. The APP is the same that Tom has but I think he has a better mount. I was jus using my Nitto Street tires for that run. I have a set of Nitto NT01s that I am going to mount this week. The supplier only shipped one front tire and I should be getting the other one tomorrow.
Attachments
nitto.JPG
nitto.JPG (81.93 KiB) Viewed 2504 times