DSCC Reptile Roundup Oct 2017

Tom Wells

DSCC Reptile Roundup Oct 2017

Post by Tom Wells »

I have only an e-mail about this event - can't find anything on the Facebook page or the web page, so here's what I have so far:
Update For the Reptile Roundup

Plans are developing rapidly for this year's Reptile Roundup to be held in Beaufort, S.C. Blair Pearson is this year's host and he has been hard at work in planning the event! The dates are October 26, 27 & 28, 2017 with departure on Sunday 10/29. Blair is planning on some surprises while cruising South Carolina. Stay tuned and when the details are announced in the next few weeks, be sure to register as quickly as possible, if you haven't already done so. It would further help Blair plan activities if you can book early and advise him if you will be trailering and how many will be attending. A block of rooms has been secured with a reduced group rate for our event. Click Here to book your room. You can contact Blair at tpierson55@embarqmail.com.
The link for the motel reservation is https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/res ... ution=e1s1

If/as any more info comes to me, I'll put it on this thread.

Also, it would be nice to know who is going 8-}

Tom

PS: Just got another bit of info:
If you are going to the Reptile Roundup this October in Beaufort, SC, we will be doing a special tour of the Marine Corps Museum at Parris Island. They are asking that you provide some information prior to entry to the base. Please send the following to Blair Pierson at
tpierson55@embarqmail.com.

The info required for easing access to Parris Island is:
1. First and last name of each person as it appears on photo ID.
2. Date of birth of each person.

This above info is for drivers and passengers. This information must be submitted to Parris Island Security by October 1st.
In addition, drivers will need (in their possession) Drivers license/ photo ID, registration, and proof of insurance.
Tom Wells

Re: DSCC Reptile Roundup Oct 26-29 2017

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's the latest e-mail, as best I could copy it, about the Deep South Cobra Club Reptile Roundup:
LAST CALL
Reptile Roundup T-Shirts

No orders will be accepted after 10/1 deadline.

If you are attending, Blair needs to hear from you!

REPTILE ROUNDUP 2017

Plans are almost complete for this year's Reptile Roundup to be held in Beaufort, S.C. Blair Pearson is this year's host and he has been hard at work in planning the event! The dates are October 26, 27 & 28, 2017 with departure on Sunday 10/29. Blair is planning on some surprises while cruising South Carolina. A block of rooms has been secured with a reduced group rate for our event. Click Here to book your room.

Please contact Blair at tpierson55@embarqmail.com. with any questions that you might have and let him know how many will attend the Meet & Greet on Thursday evening.

A couple of things that we need if you are attending...

If you are going to the Reptile Roundup this October in Beaufort, SC, we will be doing a special tour of the Marine Corps Museum at Parris Island. They are asking that you provide some information prior to entry to the base. Please send the following to Blair Pierson at
tpierson55@embarqmail.com.

The info required for easing access to Parris Island is:
1. First and last name of each person as it appears on photo ID.
2. Date of birth of each person.

This above info is for drivers and passengers. This information must be submitted to Parris Island Security by October 1st.
In addition, drivers will need (in their possession) Drivers license/ photo ID, registration, and proof of insurance.

Orders are now being accepted for 2017 RR T-Shirts!

If you are attending the event and want a shirt we will have them in Beaufort, but you must preorder them and pay at the event. There will not be any extras for purchase at the Roundup. Send requests to mcheek1050@gmail.com. Prices are as follows...S, M , L, XL $17, XXL $19, XXXL $20. if you want them mailed to you, you must send a check for shirts along with $7 for shipping to Mike Cheek, 6811 Crescent Oaks Circle, Lakeland, FL 33813.

All requests must be received by October 1st.

Buford will be spelled Beaufort!

Join Us On Facebook

We now have a private page on Facebook where we can communicate and interact with one another to post most anything Cobra related, photos, events, or whatever you feel might be of interest. If you are on Facebook, go to Deep South Cobra Club - members only and request that your name be added. Remember this is for members only.
The Buford reference is about a typo in the artwork.

If you are going, please get the reservations made! (And get your t-shirt order in if you want one.)

Tom
Avalanche325

Re: DSCC Reptile Roundup Oct 2017

Post by Avalanche325 »

Tom,

My wife and I are going from Jax Beach. One Cobra is coming from Green Cove Springs (Dennis - now with paint!).

I am working on meeting up with one or two others from West Palm (John and Debbie) and central FL (someone new). They may be stopping here on Wed night or coming through on Thurs. Not sure yet. I'll let you know as I find out.

So either a breakfast or lunch-time departure from here, depending on when the way down south guys come through. I was thinking to take the nice roads on the way up. Probably though Amelia Island and Savannah on the way with a couple of stops along the way for meals and / or coffee.

I hope we can meet and cruise up together.

Chris
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Chris,

We are signed up for the Reptile Roundup and plan to drive up Thursday. It would be great to connect with the group!

We enjoyed the previous group drive for the Randy's Cruise and do prefer the scenic back way.

Please keep us posted when the schedule is decided.

Tom & Kay
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

Tom,

Here are our tentative plans. John and Debbie are rolling up I-95 and meeting with someone from Mount Dora. I am not sure if we will meet up with them or not. I am going to give him our stops as we are going the slow way. Hopefully we meet along the way.

Dennis is coming to my house in Jax Beach at 9:00am. It would be great if you could meet us here. We want to make a day of the drive up.

Leave Jax Beach at 9:30. head up through Amelia Island.
10:30 Breakfast / coffee stop at the Omni resort Amelia. (Marche Burette 85 Amelia Village Cir) Sort of a country store basic breakfast place.
11:30 Leave the Omni.
1:00 - Lunch in Brunswick, GA at Tipsey McSways. (1414 Newcastle St, Brunswick, GA 31520) Great burgers - don't eat too much breakfast!. We went there on the Brunswick based cruise.
2:00 - Head out, small roads all the way.
If we are making good time, coffee stop in Savannah.
That should put us at the hotel at around 5:00.

Let me know how this sounds.

Chris

Anyone else????
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Chris,

Sounds good to us. We will plan to leave here by 8AM to give us time to be at your place by 9.

Looking forward to it!

Tom & Kay

PS: I'll need the address and phone number again. You can send to thomaswells who is at bellsouth.net if you don't want to put them in the Private Stuff forum.
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

We look forward to seeing you and Kay again.

Dennis is meeting us at my house. John and Debbie, and Tim and wife (from Mt Dora) are meeting us in Brunswick for lunch.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

What a great time! Blair outdid himself with tours, restaurants and weather ..]

We went to Beaufort with Chris and Jen, Dennis, John and Debbie, Tim and Nancy. It took all day and was delightful.

Here are a couple of pictures; part of the group on the Mayport ferry:
IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_0980.JPG (944.91 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
and at Tipsey McSway's restaurant where we saw the Bath Salt Zombies a couple of years ago:
IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4281 times
I'll let others post and add photos to show some of the other highlights.

In all, an outstanding 800 mile weekend. I do hope Tim got the FF5's J-pipe rewelded and got home OK.

Tom