Carburator adjustment Holley 4150

Cobra 65

Re: Carburator adjustment Holley 4150

Post by Cobra 65 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am

The carb size is 750 cfm.
I'm pretty flexible time wise as I'm retired ;) . Some soccer games and practices....
How about we meet after Labor Day? So we might figure out what needs to be done and maybe what parts needs to be ordered.
Thanks for your help!

Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 am

Stefan et al,

R^3's trip is cancelled due to some health issues - we've all been there, done that. I've decided to call it the Irma Flu. I'll post more when we reschedule.

In the meantime, maybe Mike (or someone else) can step in and get some progress on the carb problem?

Tom

Cobra 65

Post by Cobra 65 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Tom,
Sorry to hear about R^3 health issues - hope he's doing better soon.
Yes, I would appreciate some help from the club.
Thanks,
Stefan

Cobra 65

Post by Cobra 65 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi Tom, Blacksnake (I don't know you real name) and all,
I hope everyone stayed safe during the storm.
After cleaning up after Irma I would love to continue to get the carb tuned.
I'll be out of town over the weekend but anytime later would work for me.
Thanks to the group offering help.

Stefan

BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Stefan,

The other guys have already mentioned some things that you haven't responded to. We need to know certain specifics about your motor before we can offer any reasonable assistance to help resolve your issues. With that said, I have some questions for you. First, since owning this car with that engine combination, has it ever run well? I need to know if this is a new problem or if it's never run correctly.

Next, have you contacted Keith Craft about these issues? If not, why not? If yes, what have they told you? These are important questions, because Keith Craft is a well known and respected engine builder who would definitely provide guidance on the proper setup for that particular engine. That engine is no wimpy SBF, it's clearly tuned near the high end with those HP & TQ numbers. I suspect it has a very aggressive cam and very high compression (at least 11:1, and likely higher), which typically indicates a requirement to run extra high octane race fuel or octane booster additives. Keith Craft would have provided a spec sheet with that motor, do you have that? They would also have provided a recommended setup to include fuel requirements, initial and full timing settings, idle RPM, etc...all of this needs to be known before attempting to troubleshoot.

Also need to know specifics about your fuel delivery system, type of fuel pump and regulator, has pressure been properly set?

Regards, Mike (a.k.a. BlackSnake) ..]