On Going Cobra Report

mooreken

On Going Cobra Report

Post by mooreken »

The carb on the cobra has been a real challenge. Herb was kind enough send me a carb he had and it made a huge difference. With his guidance I went back to my 650cfm carb and have been working on it. The O2 meter is nice to work with but it has taken a few tries to figure out how to interpret the readings. I've decided that the 750 carb is just messed up. It never has done anything good from new. I think it is time to find it someone else's shelf to store it on.
While doing road tests the oil pan developed a leak. A large leak. With adding the crank scrapper plate I was imaging all sorts of things that could cause it. I narrowed it down to the ft near or around the bolt next to the timing cover area. Now the last time I tried to remove the pan I had to nearly pull the engine so I was a bit nervous.
But the motor gods smiled on me. I pulled the bolt added a flat washer(it was a short bolt but it might have been bottoming out) and some of that good sealer I got for the transmission to the threads and surrounding area. Woohoo leak gone.
With all the rain my yard/driveway to the garage is a soupy mess so now that I got the carb close I'm going to wait for a dry spell. I have mud and grass splashed all under the car and side pipes...
So with time on my hands I got an "accusump" off Ebay and will install it to keep busy.

Ken
Tom Wells

Re: On Going Cobra Report

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Did you get anything worth posting from the Daytona track day? Inquiring minds want to know!

Tom
mooreken

Re: On Going Cobra Report

Post by mooreken »

I did get video but I mounted the camera on the windshield and that turned out to not be the best choice of locations. It is very shakey, also the data does show the MPH but the g-force didn't take.
I'll pick out one and post it soon.