DSCC Reptile Roundup

Avalanche325

DSCC Reptile Roundup

Post by Avalanche325 »

Anyone going?

Jen and I are leaving Jax Beach, meeting up with Dennis in St. Augustine. We are stopping for coffee / pastry at Les Petits Pleasures, 125 A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine, on the beach side from about 10:00 - 11:00 and then heading south. A1A and US1 all the way. Stopping for lunch either in Flagler Bch or New Smyrna. Arriving at the event hotel around 4:30.

Let me know if you want to join in.
Tom Wells

Re: DSCC Reptile Roundup

Post by Tom Wells »

Kay & I are considering. Since we have company, we'll have to decide nearer to Thursday...
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Well, we went. In good company too! Kay's brother and his wife joined us as we caravanned with Dennis, Chris and Jen. We took off from the French restaurant in the AM Thursday and headed south. We were greeted with this weather shortly:
Rainweb.jpg
Rainweb.jpg (671.95 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
Yes, RAIN. It accompanied us to Flagler Beach, down the usually spectacular Tomoka scenic drive, to lunch at the Third Wave back room in New Smyrna Beach and so on...

Of course Cobras are fun to drive in the rain; Chris's wipers went full cycle four wipes and halted for the rest of the trip in a vertical position. My right wiper fell off. Dennis's Rain-X was too wimpy to shed water and my brother-in-law said it was a lot of hassle to change his wiper speed by hand :-o in his rental car.

All would soon be better. In all, 30 Cobras were in this group. We covered about 250+ miles Friday and maybe another 90 on Saturday with really good weather and great places to visit. Miracles do happen: no-one broke down. Here's what it looked like as we lined up to go cruising from the motel (which by the way was new and very nice):
LineUpweb.jpg
LineUpweb.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
Here's our car at the motel:
CobraWithTopweb.jpg
CobraWithTopweb.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
and Chris's car on somebody's lawn (uh, with their permission, of course):
ChrisCobraweb.jpg
ChrisCobraweb.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
Here's the front room at the American Musclecar Museum:
MuscleCarMuseumEntryweb.jpg
MuscleCarMuseumEntryweb.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
The spokes of that wheel are eight 2005-2006 Ford GTs, most with under 500 miles, surrounding an original 427SC. Behind those, if you have sharp eyes you can pick out two original 289 cars. Oh, and those folks in the orange prison (errr Halloween) shirts are your fellow DSCC members.

If you get the chance to see this place, don't miss it!

Here's one of our meeting spots inside:
ShelbySignweb.jpg
ShelbySignweb.jpg (987.44 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
Here's the next day at Cocoa Village:
CocoaVillageweb.jpg
CocoaVillageweb.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
And finally, here's me & Kay after the entire weekend:
SquidLipsDecorweb.jpg
SquidLipsDecorweb.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
In all, a great time! If you missed it, you need to get to the next one :ymapplause:
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Just got more photographs from Andrew Mackey, the Musclecar Museum event photographer:
Kenweb.jpg
Kenweb.jpg (699.92 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
ChrisJenweb.jpg
ChrisJenweb.jpg (712.15 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
TKweb.jpg
TKweb.jpg (728.7 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
CarSandhillsweb.jpg
CarSandhillsweb.jpg (1022.9 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's one more photo from the Reptile Roundup courtesy of Craig Harper of Backdraft and his drone:
AmMusclecar1web.jpg
AmMusclecar1web.jpg (251.41 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
This is the American Musclecar Museum in Melbourne - a private museum with its own 15,000 square foot shop area (top left rear of photo), its own solar panel system, autocross venue and around 300 cars on display.

The 24 DSCC Cobras are visible in front of the entrance along with their drivers and passengers. A wonderful visit indeed!