Cheap GoPro

mooreken

Cheap GoPro

Post by mooreken »

Thanks to Stefan I got the Odrvm made in China GoPro knockoff. Really good value at $50.
This one didn't have the remote start switch but it does have motion detection. The feature works well. I should be able to be in the staging area and it doesn't record until the car starts moving. Here is a little test run with the camera on top of the roll bar (no shaking like with the iPhone), when I stopped for the traffic light it stopped recording.
Now if I can figure out how to sync the iPhone data with speed and G's. from the Harry's app. it will be really nice.

https://youtu.be/NVod6HUN9pc

Ken
Last edited by mooreken on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Wells

Re: Cheap GoPro

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

The video looks great! I looked quickly at the laptimer app; it looks like if you carry the phone with you, you can combine its data with the video from the camera. You can probably do the experiment with a brief foray on the street.

What I'd really like to know is how that hat stays on?

Tom
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Harry's has a provision for external camera. The camera has wi-if bit the app that was recommended is not for iPhone. The manufacture suggested another one but I haven't messed with it yet.

I could say Velcro on the hat..lol
However I did sew in an extra strip of elastic.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

A second thought: if the camera is located a bit to more the right you may be able to see more info from your dash gauges.

Tom
Cobra 65

Post by Cobra 65 »

Hey Ken,
I'm glad you like it. The footage looks great!
It's a handy little camera. I had mine in the snow and under water - i really like it.
Take care,
Stefan