Cruise leaving from Green Cove Springs tomorrow `1/9/16

Avalanche325

Cruise leaving from Green Cove Springs tomorrow `1/9/16

Post by Avalanche325 »

Three cars confirmed, a possible fourth.

9:00AM

Starting from Spring Park Coffee, 328 Ferris Street, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043

Lunch location TBD.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1816+Ol ... !3e0?hl=en
Tom Wells

Re: Cruise leaving from Green Cove Springs tomorrow `1/9/16

Post by Tom Wells »

Thinking about going...
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

We are down to 2 confirmed. One guy has a family emergency.

C'mon Tom, bump us back up to 3. Nice cool weather driving. If there are any others, bring 'em along.

It was all sort of last minute, because the forecast looked bad until they changed it this morning.
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Hi Avalanche,

Have a great time. Sorry I can't make it. Have to get the RV ready for a trip to the Keys. It's been a long time since somebody announced an impromptu ride at the last minute. This way you can check the weather forecast. I'm all for it and wish I could go. Lets try to keep this sort of thing going, like once a month would be nice. Looking forward to the next ride. I'll keep in touch. If I have time while in the Keys I'll plan the next Lunch ride. I belong to a local motorcycle group that has a lunch ride every Wednesday. Anyone who wishes to go just has to show up at the same place and time every Wednesday. Most of the time there are at least 4 riders that show up. We get to try new restaurants and travel on new roads that the other members have knowledge of. Makes for great conversation and meeting new friends. Once a month for us Cobra guys sounds reasonable. At last count there are at least 7 Cobras in my home town of St. Augustine alone. Myself, I am retired so a Mon. thru Fri. weekday is ok but for those of you who are still working we can do Sat. or Sun. How about some thoughts from the rest of you guys.

Carl
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

I also have to decline...The motor is still on the stand.
Ken
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

What a great cruise today!

Went about 200 miles in ideal, overcast weather. Well, maybe slightly on the cool side...

Three cars with double roll bars; one with one - sorry you bailed early, Bob and hope your back is OK.

The back roads were made for Cobras. Just beautiful.

On the other subject, Chris, the PS pump fill pipe is 2-1/4" OD; the rubber extender I use is 5-1/2" long. I do have another piece of that same hose that you are welcome to have.

Let's go again soon.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Wells on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d_gatorfan

Post by d_gatorfan »

Enjoyed it guys, good finally meeting you, Tom. Good to put some trouble free miles on the new engine. Look forward to doing it again soon.

Dennis
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

I had a great time too. Those were some great roads. There were a few of them where there wasn't another car for several miles. Rare these days. I definitely agree that we should do cruises more often. It is really nice getting together.

Bob I hope your back is better.