Lunch at Cody's Roadhouse Sebring Jan 31, 2016

Tom Wells

Lunch at Cody's Roadhouse Sebring Jan 31, 2016

Post by Tom Wells »

If the weather is OK (and I'm not out of town somewhere else) I'll probably go to this. It's about 200 miles from my house :cool:

Location details: Cody's Roadhouse, 521 U.S. 27 N., Sebring, Fl 33870 Phone: 863-402-0735
Lunch Run to Cody's Roadhouse in Sebring Sunday, January 31, 2016 Deep South Cobra Club

Group 1 will be meeting at Muscle Car City's new facility location just 1 mile south of its now existing location; the address is 10175 Tamiami Trail, starting at 9:30am but we have to leave promptly at 10am for our 1½ hour trip to Cody's restaurant which will be opening at 11:30am. I will need an accurate head count from all 3 group leaders to make reservations as this is a very busy place. We have 3 departure locations. Please email: Dan Wulff @ cobradandfw@gmail.com

Group 2 will be led by Santiago Fonseca's and will meet at Panera Bread on Big Bend Road and US 301 in Riverview for an 08:30 departure. He will meet Mike Cheek's group at the Marathon gas station in Zolfo Springs. Please email Santiago Fonseca @ santiagofonseca226@gmail.com

Group 3 will be led by Mike Cheek and will depart from McDonald's in Bartow at 8:30 AM. Please email Mike Cheek @ mcheek1050@gmail.com if you are joining the group from his location. His group will make a stop at the gas station in Zolfo Springs to meet up with any other groups. His group will depart from Polk County and will arrive at the Gas station at the corner of US 17 and SR 64 around 9:50 am. They will be there for 30 minutes for either of your groups to meet us. We will depart for Cody's around 10:20 with arrival at 11:10 am.
Tom Wells

Re: Lunch at Cody's Roadhouse Sebring Jan 31, 2016

Post by Tom Wells »

One more group has been added. Be there if you can, and if so, RSVP to Dan:
Lunch Run to Cody's Roadhouse in Sebring January 31st

Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice Added

This a rain or shine event!
If it is rainy or too cold for us, we should meet at your start and carpool to Cody's. Please let your leader know if you can't make it.

We have added a new starting location for those of you in the Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice area. We will call this group 4. George Swartz has stepped up to lead this group to Cody's.

Group 4 will meet at the Chevron station at the corner of University Parkway and Lake Osprey Dr. This is just east of I-75 at the first traffic light. Departure will be at 8:30 AM and will meet other groups at Zolfo Springs around 9:45 AM for the final leg into Sebring. If you are joining this group, please email George at gswartz1@hotmail.com to confirm.

Group 1 will be meeting at Muscle Car City's new facility location just 1 mile south of its now existing location; the address is 10175 Tamiami Trail, starting at 9:30am but we have to leave promptly at 10am for our 1½ hour trip to Cody's restaurant which will be opening at 11:30am. I will need an accurate head count from all 3 group leaders to make reservations as this is a very busy place. We have 3 departure locations. Please email: Dan Wulff @ cobradandfw@gmail.com

Group 2 will be led by Santiago Fonseca's and will meet at Panera Bread on Big Bend Road and US 301 in Riverview for an 08:30 departure. He will meet Mike Cheek's group at the Marathon gas station in Zolfo Springs. Please email Santiago Fonseca @ santiagofonseca226@gmail.com

Group 3 will be led by Mike Cheek and will depart from McDonald's in Bartow at 8:30 AM. Please email Mike Cheek @ mcheek1050@gmail.com if you are joining the group from his location. His group will make a stop at the gas station in Zolfo Springs to meet up with any other groups. His group will depart from Polk County and will arrive at the Gas station at the corner of US 17 and SR 64 around 9:50 am. They will be there for 30 minutes for either of your groups to meet us. We will depart for Cody's around 10:20 with arrival at 11:10 am.
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Tom how long do you think it will take to get there? And what route do you plan on traveling on?

Carl
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Carl,

IF I go, I'd use back roads. It looks like about four hours, so to get there by 11:30AM I'd leave my house by about 7:30AM. This link is supposed to show the Mapquest directions: http://mapq.st/1UmvsmO

Right now, Wunderground is showing 1% possibility of rain and almost 70 degrees, here and in Sebring. I'll probably decide Friday or so...

The last time I took the Cobra it got a good washing, inside and out, by Mother Nature. The odds look a little bit better this time. If I do go, I'll e-mail Dan to add a seat, although they usually have a few extra anyway. If you want to go, we'll tell him to add two.

Tom
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Tom,
4 hrs. is a little more than I care to drive. I would trailer but not just for lunch.

Thanks
Carl
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

It was a nice trip. Thirty some-odd Cobras and forty some-odd people, good steaks. Dan was there with his camera so when I see the pictures I'll add a link. No rain, a small amount of chill in the AM and at the end of the day, and almost no sun so I didn't look like Rudolph at the end of the 400 mile round trip...
Last edited by Tom Wells on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's Dan Wulff's picture extravaganza from the event: https://picasaweb.google.com/1094998305 ... eat=email#

Enjoy!