SCCA Daytona Track Event

mooreken

SCCA Daytona Track Event

Post by mooreken »

I took the Cobra to Daytona yesterday for the Track Event. It was a good day, no rain and quite a large number of cars. Lots of modern HP showed up. Several Corvette Z06's a Viper or two, I saw a Demon and lots of Miata style cars.
I wasn't the fastest (not that I expected to be) but I held my own amount the modern mussel cars.
I set a personal best Top Speed (147.1) and Personal fast lap (2:19.13) which was over a second quicker. I was hoping to get to 150 but the car just felt like it really didn't want to go much more. It has the power but just the feel of the car. Things were vibrating at a level that I felt that I need to remember that this is a home built Hot Rod....not a Daytona racer :GR::

The video is not of the fastest lap (there wasnt any traffic on that one) just a nice video of passing and being passed.
Hope you enjoy....I know I did making it.

Ken

https://youtu.be/5Se5SU72ezQ
Tom Wells

Re: SCCA Daytona Track Event

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Looks like you had a wonderful day! Nothing (obvious) broke and you did some personal bests.

I spent the day at other things - maximum envy here! Wish I coulda been there...

Next time, I hope!

Maybe Mike will have his car going then, too?

Tom
BittenAgain

Post by BittenAgain »

Ken,
You and the car looked good out there...glad you had a fun day on the high banks and set personal bests. That always adds to the enjoyment. One day, maybe I'll join you... Bob
"The older I get, the faster I was..."
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Thanks Bob. I was a lot more comfortable in the car this round. The new brake pads stopped much better and gave me a lot more confidence. I also stopped using 2nd gear. 3rd pulled the car out of all the corners nicely. Thanks for the tip about using all of that torque I had built into the motor. Being less busy gave more time to turn the car. ..]

Ken