Deep South Cobra Club - Event Details

Blue Cobra

Deep South Cobra Club - Event Details

Post by Blue Cobra »

This year’s Deep South Cobra Club spring cruise will showcase one of the South's great gems, coastal Georgia. Based in Brunswick Georgia, we will be exploring the roads and eateries between Savannah and St. Mary’s.

On Thursday evening, May 12th, caravans of Cobras will arrive from Florida, the Carolinas, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia. There will be a meet and greet at the host hotel till 7, followed by dinner at 7:30.

On Friday we cruise north to the Savannah area and Saturday finds us cruising west and south. (As always the routes will be revealed to you the morning of each days cruise. If you want them ahead of time, contact Ricky Harper, but part of the fun of this event is exploring and discovering on the fly)

The club will participate in a wonderful event benefiting the Miranda Faith Foundation which raises funds to clothe and feed needy children in south east Georgia at Christmas time. The foundation honors the tragically short life of Miranda Kunda. Preston Kunda, Miranda’s father, is a Factory roadster owner and was building his car when Miranda fell ill. Preston is the driving force behind the “Cruising to the Coast” car show that will be held that Saturday benefiting the foundation and honoring Miranda’s memory. The benefit is sponsored by Dave Smith and Factory Five Racing who will be on site along with their big rig which will be packed with several of their offerings to the gods of speed. The show starts at 9am and ends about 2, but as we are a cruising club will not be there for the entire time. However, I challenge everyone to register for the car show as 100% of the proceeds go to a very worthy cause. Register for Cruising the Coast at www.cruizin2thecoast.com.

The host hotel is the Holiday Inn at Holiday Inn at 107 Gateway Center Circle, Brunswick, Georgia. There is a block of rooms reserved, please call the hotel at 912-264-3300 to reserve your room at the event rate of $119, tell them you are with the Cruising to the Coast event. The block may fill up fast, so make your reservations soon. There is room for some trailers, but we are hoping to have lots of participants drive their cars to this event in caravans. This adds to the fun.

As usual, the cruise will feature interesting back roads, beautiful scenery, vibrant and interesting communities, games, education, and of course great dining. Finally, the event will be topped off with a banquet and awards ceremony. You do not want to miss this one. An event registration portal will be open on the Deep South Cobra Club website at www.dscc.us/

Caravans:

Routes and times will be posted a few weeks before the event; the idea is to join the caravan as it passes through your town, or at one of its scheduled stops. If you want to lead a caravan please contact Ricky Harper; harper.ricky@gmail.com or 850 510 5771.

• Garry Bopp will lead a caravan from the Atlanta area
• Blair Pierson will lead a caravan from the Charlotte area
• Xxxx xxxxx will lead a caravan from West Palm Beach
• xxx xxxxxxxxxxx will lead a caravan from Tallahassee
• Xxxxx xxxx will lead a caravan from Tampa
• Xxxx xxxxx will lead a caravan from Knoxville
• Xxxxxx xxx will lead a caravan from Chattanooga

Please Help us spread the word by passing this to all your Cobra buddies.
FFR with IRS, 427w, and 6 speed.
Blue Cobra

Re: Deep South Cobra Club - Event Details

Post by Blue Cobra »

Some notes:

1. Make sure when you call the hotel you tell them you are with the 'cruising the coast event' not the club. The hotel block of rooms is under the main event for the weekend that we are supporting.

2. The DSCC registration portal may take a few days to be live, the club still does not have a webmaster, but you will see it soon.

3. The address for the Holiday Inn may show up on your GPS or map program as the Fairfield Suites. Don't worry, they are side by side and owned by the same person.
Blue Cobra

Post by Blue Cobra »

So, how many from the first coast area are planning to attend? Has someone volunteered to lead a caravan to Brunswick?
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

All, the dates are Thursday May 12 - Sunday May 15, 2016

I plan to go Thursday afternoon and can caravan with anyone who'd like to. There's a "back roads" way from Saint Augustine to Brunswick that takes about 2-1/2 hours I plan to use.

I'm going to make motel reservations this week.

Let me know here if you're planning to go. :mrgreen:

Tom
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Nancy and I are going. We will be leaving mid morning Thursday. We will be towing the Cobra with the motorhome and staying at the Golden Isles campground in Brunswick because we will be bringing our dog along.He will stay in the motorhome during the day. We don't plan on being at the meet n greet Thursday but will be at the host hotel bright and early Friday morning for the ride.
See ya'll there,
Carl & Nancy Brilliant
St. Augustine
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

We have reservations now.

If you are going, the number of rooms at the 119 rate is limited - I'd suggest booking soon.

See ya there!

Tom
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

There will be three or four from the Jax beach area.

Two of us going on Thurs.
One coming in on Friday.
One car is at the painters in St Augustine. He has a new job with a lot of travel. He is hoping to be in town and have the car ready.

Are you guys meeting the West Palm caravan? Or do we have a First Coast caravan going?
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

O>> At the moment the DSCC page says: "Xxxx xxxxx will lead a caravan from West Palm Beach"

Xxxx xxxxx hasn't contacted me yet ~~(<

When that gets resolved I'll see if we can coordinate.
earlsflyincobra

Post by earlsflyincobra »

Who is this Mysterious Xxxx xxxx that they all speak of ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< O}
Avalanche325

Post by Avalanche325 »

Wow! Racer X is coming?