body shop

bfitz241

body shop

Post by bfitz241 »

I need a body shop in the St Augustine vicinity. Without running afoul of board rules, is there any way you guys can recommend someone? Anyone friendly to the Club or that is trustworthy and does good work. Thanks
BF
FFR 351C AFD heads Silver w/black trim no stripes
Tom Wells

Re: body shop

Post by Tom Wells »

Brian,

Funny you should ask...

Kay's car was repaired after someone backed into it by a collision center out on Rt 16 just on the east side of I-95. I forget what the name was at that time, but it was sold and is now called Gerber. They did a good job and Ken thinks they still can - he used to work for their former company.

Then, this happened on June 24 on the way to Green Cove Springs courtesy of a badly driven F-250:
Van damage1web.jpg
Van damage1web.jpg (459.87 KiB) Viewed 5857 times
and the van is now in Ray's Collision Center on Wildwood just off 207. Don't know how it will turn out; ask me again in about three weeks, but they are highly recommended by the Bozard folks as they do most all their body repair.

I hope neither of us goes down the rabbit hole on these :roll:

Tom
bfitz241

Post by bfitz241 »

Thanks...I'll stop by both and see what they say
FFR 351C AFD heads Silver w/black trim no stripes
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Got Clifford back today - looks OK. Ray's Collision seems reliable and willing to fix things correctly. Going on the road with it tomorrow so if there are any glitches maybe they will show up. We'll see.

I'm reluctant to put the traffic camera back on - it may have jinxed the van (Earl's gremlins???)
earlsflyincobra

Post by earlsflyincobra »

I seem to remember them being TOM's Gremlins WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Before they were Earl's Gremlins... ~~(< ~~(< ~~:OO: ~~:OO: ~~:OO: ..] ..] ..]
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Comin' to get you Earl - you can't hide...
earlsflyincobra

I drove one of those quite a few times and let me tell you something I learned quite by accident that almost SOILED my pants..........YOU DO NOT WANT TO SPIN DONUTS ON THE BEACH "IN REVERSE" AS THE CAR WILL ALMOST (THANK GOODNESS, ALMOST) ROLL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~~(/) ~~(/) ~~(/) ~~(/)
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Hmmmm, were there any adult beverages involved?
earlsflyincobra

Sadly no, just TEENAGE HORMONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< ~~(< ~~(<

One of the advantages of having a dad that was in car sales, I drove "ALL" kinds of cars and found out all kind of Quirks, even "BLEW" the muffler off of a Dodge Coronet 440 by turning off the ignition for a few seconds and letting it build up to a backfire........sounded like a REAL HotRod then, LOL!!