NPD Final Silver Springs All-Ford Show

Tom Wells

NPD Final Silver Springs All-Ford Show

Post by Tom Wells »

Saturday, January 13, 2018, Ocala Florida will see the last National Parts Depot All-Ford car show. If you are interested in attending, register now! I registered the Zephyr but may end up taking the Cobra.

Details here: https://www.npdlink.com/store/pages/ss_ford.html

There is also a cruise from Ocala to Cedar Key on Friday, January 12, 2018, the day before the show: http://www.npdlink.com/store/pages/FM_cruise.html
BlackSnake

Re: NPD Final Silver Springs All-Ford Show

Post by BlackSnake »

Tom, I registered the GT... just in case... :W:
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Mike,

:-bd ^:)^ ..] ..] ..]

Tom

(oh... and get new tires, too)
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

OK.

The Deep South Cobra Club is going on the cruise to Cedar Key for lunch, from NPD in Ocala. Here's the quote from NPD:

A cruise to Cedar Key from NPD's main warehouse in Ocala accompanies our annual show.

The cruise will leave NPD between 9:45-10:00 a.m. Participants start gathering around 8 a.m., and all are welcome to tour/browse NPD’s extensive private car and truck collection (over 200 cars and trucks) before a short driver’s meeting detailing the cruise around 9:30 a.m., then the cruise departs. Please arrive at NPD’s parking-lot fueled-up, and ready to go.

The trip will consist of back roads cruising through Ocala’s horse farm country with easy driving speeds on the way to scenic Cedar Key. The trip takes about 1-1/2 hours each way (about 68 miles), and when arriving in Cedar Key (a nice fishing community with a few good local eating establishments), participants can eat lunch, peruse the shops or enjoy the views before returning to Ocala.

Once back in Ocala, the opportunity to check out NPD’s car and truck collection will once again be available until 5 p.m., or participate in our “Dyno Day” with VMP Tuning’s mobile Dynojet chassis dyno. Participants can make two pulls with A/F ratio for $65, and the highest pull will receive a goodie bag from NPD.
Here's what some of the DSCC Cobra drivers are going to do:
NPD All Ford weekend in Ocala, Florida.

Lodging Information if needed. As I stated earlier, a special rate for our group is available for Thursday, 1/11/18 and Friday, 1/12/18. More nights should be available if requested.

Country Inn and Suites
3720 SW College Rd
Ocala, Fl 34474
1-352-237-0715

Just call 352.237.0715, ask for reservations and tell them either "Deep South Cobra Club" or "Mike Cheek" and they'll know to give you the $90 rate. 11 and 12 January. Cancellation policy day before arrival in case of bad weather.
and

For those that are going to Ocala for the NPD pony run to Cedar Key...do we all want to eat lunch together? If so, I would suggest Tony’s Restaurant. We can get them to hold an area for us if needed. Tonyschowder.com.

Give me some feedback and I can call them.
and
Ocala Update...I was in Ocala this morning and stopped by the Country Inn. There is NO room for trailer parking. They do have a remote lot about 4 blocks past the hotel behind the Indian Cuisine restaurant at 3415 SW College Rd. It is owned by the hotel owners. You should park there and unload you Cobra, then return to hotel for check-in. If that does not work for you, there is a La Quinta right behind the Country Inn you might like to check out. If you have questions contact me.

Lunch at Cedar Key on Friday. I need to know who wants to be included in a lunch reservation at Tony’s. The restaurants get very busy on that day with all the cars arriving.
Mike Cheek's e-mail is mcheek1050@gmail.com

Still on the fence over whether to go for two nights, or just drive over early Friday and spend one night after the tour.

Also haven't decided whether to take the Zephyr or the Cobra.

Life is full of hard choices ~~(/)