2020 Daytona Turkey Run

BittenAgain

2020 Daytona Turkey Run

Post by BittenAgain »

I've never gone but heard it's quite an event. Thinking of going down for the entertainment, maybe Friday. Any comments from anyone who has attended? Is there usually a better day to go? If anyone else is interested or going, let me know... Bob
"The older I get, the faster I was..."
cobra1151

Re: 2020 Daytona Turkey Run

Post by cobra1151 »

Hi Bob,

Been there many times, all great! You won't believe the size of this event. It may not be as spectacular as in the past years because of the Chinese Virus, but who knows. It can take 3 days to see it all so pick your favorite sections first. I suggest you get a program as you walk out of the tunnel and into the infield from the Boy Scouts selling them , just a couple of bucks. You might want to bring along a light weight folding chair to take a break on now and then. There is limited seating and only near the food stands which are usually full. Talking of food, I usually leave the track and have a sit down lunch at a restaurant across the Blvd. opposite the tunnel entrance. This gives me a second wind to see a little more of the event. Oh, they stamp your hand so you can re-enter the track that day no charge, if you leave.

Have a great time, ..]

Carl
BittenAgain

Post by BittenAgain »

Thanks, Carl!
spl310

Post by spl310 »

If you are considering buying any parts, bring a little red wagon. Good to put a personal cooler with some beverages. Bring and use sunscreen - a wide brim hat is a good idea too. Wear comfortable shoes...
Sidney Raper
1964 Datsun 1500 (x2)
1967 Datsun 2000 (x2)
1967.5 Datsun 1600
1969 Datsun 2000 V8 swap project
BittenAgain

Post by BittenAgain »

Thanks...good advice. Went down for about half the day. Good crowd. LOTS of cars, all over the map in variety. Didn't make any parts acquisitions, but saw quite a few guys with wagons in tow and various treasures in them. Only a couple of Cobras that I saw and none I recognized. Worth going, but a lot of ground to cover, a lot to see and a lot to digest. Thanks for the suggestions all... Bob
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Bob,

~~[::

:D

Tom