May Daytona

mooreken

May Daytona

Post by mooreken »

Tom, If I'm reading the postings correctly it looks like the SCCA TE day and the Track Night in America are the same Friday at Daytona. Given the choice which one would you do. I don't think I can do both do to Cost and energy, Dawn to 3:00pm for the TE and 4:00 to 10:00 for the TNIA would be much more than I could handle.
Tom Wells

Re: May Daytona

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

I agree about the long hours.

Here's the schedule for the May 22, 2019 Track Night: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/eve ... way-may-22

If I read correctly it looks like it opens at 2PM, 1st intermediate session at 5:40, then 6:40 and 8PM. Track closes at 8:40 and the facility gates close at 10PM.

IF (note: big if) I do a track day I think I'd do this one. It's a cooler part of the day and don't have to be there until 2PM.

I don't see a schedule for the SCCA Track Day yet.

Unless I bring the Cobra for the SCCA part of the day and the Zephyr for the Track Night. Right now that looks overly optimistic...

I plan to decide later - but not too late that I miss the chance (Mike, are you listening?) Maybe early next month after the Corona thing abates if it is going to.

Tom
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Yes Tom, listening intently. ..]
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

SCCA just announced track night event registrations for Daytona and Sebring have been postponed. New dates are TBD.
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

:GR:: :GR:: :GR::
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Sigh...

From the SCCA:
The Central Florida Region Board of Governors and Program Chairs met by conference call on Thursday, April 23, 2020. After much discussion, the collective opinion of all on the call is that we will be unable to safely conduct the May race event scheduled for Daytona, May 22-24, 2020. Given the uncertain nature of the Virus and what requirements may be in place with regard to large gatherings and social distancing, we have regrettably, canceled the May 22-24, 2020 race event.