4th of July parade

cobra1151

4th of July parade

Post by cobra1151 »

My mother-in-law is a resident at Brookdale assisted living facility. There will be a 4th of July car parade to add some cheer to the residents and staff. The participants usually decorate their cars with the typical 4th of July decorations such as flags etc. Brookdale is located on the right of US1 just south of the Publix at Moultrie Plaza at Wildwood. Meet up time is at 10am on the 4th in the parking lot across from the main entrance to Brookdale which is located at 150 Mariner Health Way . Hope that you can attend.

Thanks,
Carl :-bd
Tom Wells

Re: 4th of July parade

Post by Tom Wells »

Carl,

It's on my calendar - no guarantees, though!

Tom
BittenAgain

Post by BittenAgain »

Carl,
If you contact Sidney Hobbs at the Classic Car Museum of St. Augustine, he might be able to help with getting some folks out in classic cars for this event. His location is less than a mile from there and he's got a huge collection of cars there. Just a thought... Bob

PS We're in Maine now for the summer and the Kirkham is in storage at his facility. See you in October!
"The older I get, the faster I was..."
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Thanks guys for the interest.
Bob enjoy your time in New England. Hope the weather is great!
I have contacted Jim Weiss who is a member of the (Ancient City Car Club ) If anyone can get it done he can.
He is a good friend of Sidney. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom looking forward to seeing you again. Hope it all works out in these crazy times.

Haven't driven the Cobra in weeks, need to stretch it's legs a little.
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Weather permitting the parade participants will meet up in the parking lot across from the main entrance to Brookdale at 10.00am. At this time most people decorate their cars. At 10.30 the parade starts and usually lasts about 20 min. or so.
All the residents will be outside , most sitting in chairs. We attended the Memorial Day parade and had a good time watching the smiles on their faces while they cheered and clapped the whole time.

Hope to see you there,

Carl
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Thanks Tom & Kay,

It was great connecting with you again. Nancy and I really appreciate you coming to the parade this morning.
The two cars sure do look great together.

Thanks again,
Carl & Nancy

PS. What you said about getting take out and stopping to eat someplace sounds interesting.
When we get back from this next trip maybe we can get a few members of the club together,
get take out (or have hamburgers and hotdogs by yours truly) and eat out by the pool at our house.
We have a couple of cabanas with ceiling fans to keep everyone cool.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Carl,

We enjoyed it too! It was nice to be waved at and applauded.

Your thoughts about a get-together after you & Nancy return sound good. A picnic on our back porch/yard, your pool cabanas or a park someplace sounds fine. Let us know when you get back and we can see about setting something up.
Here's the picture Kay got:
July4Parade2020web.jpg
July4Parade2020web.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3456 times
See you-all when you get back - enjoy NC!

Tom