Old Photo Thread

Tom Wells

Re: Old Photo Thread

Post by Tom Wells »

Now, I think I fixed the image posting limit - it is a bug in the web site program, I am told...
I've edited the php file, so here goes.

If I can put several pictures here, then it may be OK again (following my theme of cars from the 50s, of course):

Hydraulic brakes, tubular V8-60 front axle, 1940 Ford frame, tubular shocks were a big deal back then, genuine 1932 grille shell with filler smoothed over:
TomModel-A3080.jpg
TomModel-A3080.jpg (854.39 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

Me on the left, David Wisdom on the right (note David's feet!):
TomModel-A078.jpg
TomModel-A078.jpg (929.51 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

David Wisdom, left and Don ?? I don't think the SCCA would buy that roll bar now:
TomModel-A2079.jpg
TomModel-A2079.jpg (874.73 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Cool photos Tom, was that the finished state of the car? Where were the photos taken? Do you keep in touch with any of the guys in the photos?
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Mike,

I still have contact with David Wisdom - he's been in Oregon for decades. Lost track of Don.

The car later got a McCulloch-supercharged 1954 324 cubic inch Olds, then I sold that engine/supercharger combo and helped another buddy put it into a 1952 Chev 4-dr fastback, then swapped the roadster for a 4-door Model A and etc etc

All the roadster pictures were taken at my great aunt's house near Fortier High in uptown New Orleans.

The earlier crate-built car's photo was taken at 33 Steppingstone Lane, Kings Point NY behind the house my father built there. The fluff on the right side is the southbound end of a northbound Clumber Spaniel named Cloud.

Tom