DSCC Lunch Run 2-20-2021 to Lake City

Tom Wells

DSCC Lunch Run 2-20-2021 to Lake City

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's the note I got from the DSCC:
Looks like the weather for the upcoming lunch run to Halpatter Brewing in Lake City is going to clear, maybe a little cold, but no rain in the forecast as of now.

If you are planning to attend, let me know where you are coming from and maybe some folks can meet up and caravan.

I'll be leaving from Jacksonville, probably meeting on the westside at around 11. We haven't picked a meeting spot yet, so if you are coming from the North/East let me know where you are coming from and we can pick a convenient spot.

If you coming from other directions and want to caravan, let me know if we can try to get everyone linked up.

The plan is to be at Halpatter Brewing (264 NE Hernando Ave, Lake City, FL 32055) at 12:30 this coming Saturday, February 20th.
I'm thinking about going on this one. Anyone else? If so post here, or let Dennis know.

Tom
mooreken

Re: DSCC Lunch Run 2-20-2021 to Lake City

Post by mooreken »

Maybe. I’ll have to check the weather again Friday.
Ken
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Well. It’s not looking good for me. My yard is a soupy mess. I stuck Janice’s car when doing an oil change yesterday. Took an hour to get it out. I don’t think I can get the Cobra to make it to the road.
Especially as more rain is coming. If anything changes I’ll let you know.
Ken
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Sounds like it's time to learn the old song "the old plank road."

Tom
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

All,

Dennis sent this note about where/when they will meet up on Saturday for the Lake City DSCC lunch:
The North East group heading to lake city Saturday is meeting at 11043 Crystal Springs Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32221. In the parking lot of Mr. Chunbys wings off I10 on the westside. Be there around 10:30 and we will roll out before 11. I have a nice scenic route planned to Lake City.
I hope to make it, and hope to see others there too!
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Good one.

Here is the dirty deed.
A77AD9D7-8FD3-423F-AF49-2BFC8A964C62.jpeg
A77AD9D7-8FD3-423F-AF49-2BFC8A964C62.jpeg (206.54 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Looks like something some 2x12s would fix. Or maybe a pallet of steppingstones, or even a truckload of gravel. :roll:

Probably can't drag the trailer through that, either...

Tom
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's a quick rundown with lousy pictures (what can I say, Kay didn't take them):

First, on the way there I got lost in downtown JAX - so what else is new. I had a 20 minute tour of the river front area including a square block of homeless camps and a volunteer cleanup activity about a block away. It's evidently difficult for the GPS to simply say "cross the Acosta bridge" but somehow on about the 4th try I made it and met up with Eric and Dennis.

Dennis had a lovely back road tour laid out so off we went and enjoyed it immensely. Except...

About halfway along, Eric forgot to cancel his turn signal. So I gave him the open-close finger-thumb signal which I shortly realized I hadn't explained to him that this is the "forgot to cancel your turn signal" signal. Eric, thinking I was having a problem, got Dennis's attention and we all pulled over. After the explanation and apology for not telling him, we started our cars. Except for Eric, whose battery had gone dead in spite of the battery being nearly new and a new alternator having just been installed. So we jumped it (almost another story in itself) and proceeded to the restaurant in Lake City.

Dennis had his tools aboard so Eric was able to extract the battery which we delivered to a nearby auto parts store to be recharged, and went back to the Halpatter restaurant to have good food, good beer and lively discussions of all sorts of topics. Eric made it home under Dennis's watchful eye.

It was cold going up, but tolerable on the return trip. roughly 225 miles for me - more and less for the others.

Here are the three photos I took:
sno ball web 1.jpg
sno ball web 1.jpg (361.42 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
sno ball web 2.jpg
sno ball web 2.jpg (446.65 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
The attachment sno ball web 3.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
sno ball web 3.jpg
sno ball web 3.jpg (544.54 KiB) Viewed 1985 times