Dyno Day with updated info

mooreken

Dyno Day with updated info

Post by mooreken »

Here is a short version of my day at the Dyno. (I upgraded my computer to Win11 and it removed all my apple apps and Im having a bit of trouble getting my videos and pics out of my phone. Win11 is pushing Android)

So here is my brother's video on his site. As we have all heard "blowing the carbon out" it's not often we get to see it.
Let me know if you can't open his link sometimes, my brother has it on private sometimes.
https://youtu.be/h3K5kQkxMjk

This is one of the first pulls. 433hp 418tq
The A/F ratio is in the lower section...14.5
First pull.jpg
First pull.jpg (195.27 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

Last pull A/F ratio is 13.0
:arrow: I gained around 30hp just by jetting the carb.. :whistle:
Final pull .jpg
Final pull .jpg (252.41 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
Dyno sheet.jpg
Dyno sheet.jpg (742.58 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 465hp 502tq at the wheel :dance:

It made more power than I expected. :lol:
as the rule of thumb is there is a 75 to 100 or so hp lost to the wheel....it makes the number even more impressive. My first 406 made 455hp and 485tq at the crank...Same heads, cam, and intake. Stroke and compression is a good thing.

The shop also told me that it was the highest numbers of any naturally aspirated small block that they have run so far... :clap: :dance:
Tom Wells

Re: Dyno Day with updated info

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

What can I say. Terrific! :auto-checkeredflag:

The video was fine too. That's about 50hp higher than my Cobra does according to its 20 year old results.

Now that it looks like you've run out of things to fix, we need to find some days to drive!

Tom
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Nice...I'm embarrassed to say how much HP you have me by... :oldmoon:
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

The only problem is now I’m out of projects with the Cobra.
Had started to save up to get a set of dart heads with larger port runners and valves. However that is no longer needed as I have exceeded the HP I was looking for.
Also on that note I’m always a little embarrassed when I open the hood do to the 12” air cleaner that I have for hood clearance.
The boys at the Dyno shop wanted to see how much Hp my dinky air cleaner was costing. As they have seen some that they have tested lose 30hp and expected the same.
In fact he had already unhooked the sensors and was winding up the cords when he remembered that he wanted to do the test. I told him that it was ok and I was going to try and modify the drop down style air cleaner base anyway.
But he said he wanted to know so he hooked it back up.
3B275C6E-DB98-490F-98AC-2A6BD1424351.jpeg
3B275C6E-DB98-490F-98AC-2A6BD1424351.jpeg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
We did the pull and…..there was no change at all. Only a .1 ratio leaner. We were all surprised. So more money saved. I was going to buy enough parts to try and make a new air cleaner and that saved enough that it paid for the session. I guess that makes it free..lol