Dyno Printout

mooreken

Dyno Printout

Post by mooreken »

The tuner is to send me better printouts once he fires up his Dyno computer again. He had taken this photo of the results as he was tuning it.
The dotted line is one of the runs before he had done much tuning (or any I'm not sure).

The red line is Horsepower, and the blue is torque. As I mentioned before he has told me that his Dyno does not read the same as most if not all of his competitors. So, the number is more relative than perhaps comparative.

When I picked it up, he said that using his experience against other Dynos my HP at the wheels should be 475ish. It showed 465 with the other dyno that I had used with the Carb.
I don't remember what peak torque was exactly, but it was over 500. I'm hoping the other printout of the final pull will show more.

That being said both the HP and TQ hit fast and stay flat for a long time....good numbers.

As per Tom's experience in that every system and part on our cars and is tied together symbiotically by adding the in tank electric fuel pump it was more than my 100-amp racing style small profile alternator could handle. With the electric water pump, power steering, spark box, distributor, 2 fans and perhaps the under-drove pulley system I was only getting 12.1-12.5 volts output at speed. The sniper display kept flashing yellow. I've read that the sniper really wants 12 or more volts. So, this prompted a 140-amp upgrade. As mentioned above it was larger and the mounting was a bit different. And as the power steering is filling most of the space in front of the motor, I needed to do some fab work.
I now have 13.5 volts running.
Now all I need is for it to stop raining in the afternoons and a destination.
Dyno.jpg
Dyno.jpg (103.6 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Tom Wells

Re: Dyno Printout

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Delightful! :dance:

Tom
spl310

Re: Dyno Printout

Post by spl310 »

Very nice curves.