Daytona track day Friday 8/2

Tom Wells

Daytona track day Friday 8/2

Post by Tom Wells »

Sorry forthe late notice - we just decided!

Ken and I are planning to run the SCCA track event Friday August 2, 2024 at Daytona.

If you're interested in seeing old guys (one idiot: me, and one experienced: Ken) make their way around the Rolex 24 Hour version of the track, let us know and we can put you on the list to be a "pit crew" member.

Just for grins,

Tom
spl310

Re: Daytona track day Friday 8/2

Post by spl310 »

Man, I would love to, and if I didn't have a work emergency jump up at the last minute, I would be all over it! Have fun!
Sidney Raper
1964 Datsun 1500 (x2)
1967 Datsun 2000 (x2)
1967.5 Datsun 1600
1969 Datsun 2000 V8 swap project
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Well, bleep!

Got to Mike's sixish and noticed a puddle under the car. Turned out to be the short hose connecting the water pump to the intake - not fixable on the spot in time for the drivers meeting, so scrubbed...

Plan to replace this weekend; new Nittos Monday and hopefully ready for the next TE.

Felt like I let Ken down but don't see how to proceed otherwise. Oh, well.

I hope Ken has a perfect day!

Tom
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

All dressed up and no place to go...

Cobra46sad.JPG
Cobra46sad.JPG (3.45 MiB) Viewed 823 times
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Tom, while I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to follow you around the track for a while. It was a good day to send the cobra around the track making lots of noise. The Cobra still gets lot of thumbs up and attention.

We will try again in the fall...Ken
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

Great disappointment here!

All the cooling system seems back up to snuff now - I found another leak (it dripped on my head while I was changing tires LOL) - and the car seems ready to go. It took over an hour to replace the little hose so I'd have missed the drivers meeting anyway. And I would probably have got bit by the other leak later in the track day...

Looking forward to the fall!

Tom