Mike's GT40 gets redone

BlackSnake

Re: Mike's GT40 gets redone

Post by BlackSnake »

Still chipping away at the old rock pile… :whistle:

Received the new Moog LbJ today and got to work removing the old one…well, old in the sense that it’s been on the car a lot of years, but certainly not worn out other than the two piece grease boot. :roll:

I had to modify the bj remover some more to fit the lbj. The lower joint popped loose easier than the uppers, which was a relief. The new joint was poorly packaged and the threads needed some Swiss file attention, but the newer designed accordion style boot looked and fit well. Rechecked camber after install and still shows -1.25 degrees! :dance:

I’m still waiting for the safety washers from McMaster-Carr, now they’re telling me they’ll be delivered on Monday. :roll:

While I’m waiting, I decided to remove the rusty sway bar down link fittings to clean and paint them. I have them soaking in evaporust and I’ll paint them tomorrow.

The steering was thrown out of alignment by the geometry changes, visibly showing quite a bit of toe out, so that will need to be corrected and realigned.

I’ve also noticed the driver side front brake caliper has a bit of a loose wiggle to it. I’ll have to look into that as well.

That’s it for today. 8-)
Attachments
IMG_1700.jpeg
IMG_1700.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 44 times
IMG_1698.jpeg
IMG_1698.jpeg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 44 times