Thank You Mens!

PikeStaff

Thank You Mens!

Post by PikeStaff »

Having had a wonderful afternoon, sitting on the 206 bridge and watching the tide run out, I VERY SINCERELY than kMike and Tom for their efforts to get me back on the road. Mike, especially, for his company and wonderful way of keeping things real. You guys really are great people, and I owe you both a couple cold beers at the worst roadhouse of your choosings :grin:

True to its’ fickle form, the little red bastard restarted after we sat for a good hour and a half. Now sitting at home, gin and tonic in hand, and had to come here and thank you guys for your grace and patience. Once I cool off (takes a bit longer than the car), the investigation will begin. Chief suspect is the coil; mounted on the rt cylinder head, and now 21 yrs old, it is suspect as the car quits when fully heated up and restarts with impunity when fully cooled off. Yeah.

Anyway. A really sincere THANK YOU to you guys for your help and strength - it went way beyond levels of support you might think it would. I am looking forward to seeing you again, especially under more social circumstances.

And that promise of a few cold beverages of your choice awaits only a day and time we can put it together. This is a promise to be kept. :wink:
Tom Wells

Re: Thank You Mens!

Post by Tom Wells »

Roger,

I'm truly embarrassed :laughing-rollingred:

I've never been thanked so much for not doing anything. Mike at least came to join you!

Nevertheless Cobra guys expect these little experiences and need to stick together to deal with them. We've all been there...

Not to worry,

Tom
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

We are truly all "birds of a feather" so...got to keep an eye on the flock...or something like that... :lol:

How about a cobra run this coming Wednesday out to Corky Bells? Looks like it should be a nice day weather wise.
PikeStaff

Post by PikeStaff »

I would join you in a heartbeat - but first need to secure a new coil, and we are headed to Barcelona on Thursday, with some final fixin’ to get done. Gotta take a raincheck this time…..but there will be another time, indeed.

Tom, you did more than you think. Offering to run out with parts, on a Saturday afternoon filled with beach traffic, is a testament to your generosity, let alone courage. And Mike, you made the wait entirely enjoyable - not an easy task, given the dual eye-pokes of electrical gremlins and evident unreliability of the towing community’s commitments. Honestly grateful for your company during the siesta - you went above and beyond.

We will make that run soon. And I am looking forward to it! Thanks again, guys.